How to use powder as a carpet cleaner
Using powder is a great way to clean your carpet. This is the best strategy for cleaning your carpet with powder, whether it’s a powdered carpet cleaner or baking soda:
- Sprinkle the powder liberally over the carpet.
- Leave the powder for at least 30 minutes – but if you can leave it overnight, all the better – this gives the cleaner time to work, softening the stains and consuming the odours.
- Vacuum up the powder when you’re done.
How to use carpet shampoo
Carpet shampoo is another popular way to clean your carpets. There are many different brands of carpet shampoo, so make sure that you follow the guidance on the label.
- Make up the solution as directed on the packaging. In many cases, the product will need to be diluted with water
- Use just enough carpet shampoo to cover the area
- Do not make the carpet too wet – not only is this a waste of detergent, but it’s also going to increase drying time
- Scrub on the particularly stubborn areas using a hard-bristled brush
- Let the carpet dry
- Vacuum the shampoo once it has dried